Special Education Transition Coordinator - Harrisburg
Type: Full Time
Department: Special Education
Reports to: Assistant Director(s) of Special Education
Expires: Jun 9, 2017
The SPED Transition Coordinator assists in providing services to students and families with respect to implementing, monitoring and adjusting IEP's (Individualized Education Plans) as they relate to transition. The Special Education Transition Coordinator is knowledgeable about services, agencies, and planning that is essential to student success. The Special Education Coordinator will raise the level of accountability and access to community resources for students making the transition into young adulthood.
Mandatory Bachelor's Degree in related field of science or education
Experience or course work in counseling and transitional planning
Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Experience working with students in an educational setting
Effective written and oral communication skills
Knowledge of general educational practices as they relate to IEP's (Individual Education Plan)
Knowledge of educational practices for students who are of transition age
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support students' individualized goals as stated in student's IEP
- Advise special education staff on student progress as related to IEP goals
- Provide professional development for faculty and communicate key changes in state regulations
- Participate, contribute and make recommendations in support of student's transitional goals
- Participate and contribute in support of student's transitional goals
- Serve as the liaison between PA Cyber and transition service providers
- Extensive Travel may be required for meetings and service provider information gathering
- Collaborate with school entities and classroom teachers.
- Work closely with the Special Education Guidance Counselor and other relevant personnel
- Communicate with parents and students regarding student data, reports, and supports as necessary
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Special Education
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this position please submit your cover letter, resume, and clearances.
Description Updated: May 2017