Substitute Math 7-12 - Virtual Classroom Teacher
Type: Part Time
Reports to: Principal (K-2), (3-5), (6-8), (9-12)
Expires: Apr 17, 2017
The Virtual Classroom Teacher instructs students in a live virtual setting and provides feedback
to students/families in relation to classroom performance and course progress. Virtual
Classroom Teachers are responsible for maintaining student records and monitoring necessary
remediation. In addition, Virtual Classroom Teacher will conduct live tutoring sessions and
communicate on a regular basis with Academic Advisors, students, and families.
Valid current Pennsylvania teaching certification
Job related experience preferred
Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Federal
Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orient students to their course, communicate course requirements, and monitor student progress
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of assigned course(s)
- Understand the diverse backgrounds and needs of PA Cyber students and families
- Conduct daily live instruction as per the schedule assigned to them by their Supervisor
- Hold Office Hours to tutor students with individual questions
- Create lesson plans and PowerPoint lessons that are aligned to state standards, assessment anchors, and eligible content and upload them
- Create and upload required OnDemand lessons
- Grade assessments and post all grades in a timely fashion according to the school's guidelines
- Monitor and evaluate student progress and assign/recommend student interventions as necessary
- Communicate student progress on a regular basis to students, families, and necessary staff
- Administer state assessments (PSSA/Keystone Exams/PASA) to students throughout the state of Pennsylvania - teachers may be asked to travel for these assessments
- Attend department meetings and in-service days
- Return emails, phone calls, and all types of correspondence in a 24 hour time frame
- Implement student IEPs, GIEP, and 504 Plans and attend IEP and GIEP meetings as needed
- Create and maintain BrainHoney pages, i.e. announcements, staff information, etc.
- Develop, maintain, and/or contribute to the curriculum maps
- Generate and email progress reports quarterly to parents, students and Academic Advisors
- Administer periodic benchmark and/or diagnostic assessments and communicate testing results
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary by their respective Principal and/or administration
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this position please submit your cover letter, resume, and clearances.
Description Updated: March 2017