Blended Classroom Teacher (English 7-12) Work location: Midland, PA
Posted Nov 14, 2023
DEPARTMENT: Academy (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12)
JOB TITLE: Blended Classroom Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12)
The Blended Classroom Teacher instructs and monitors progress in an asynchronous course setting. In addition, the Blended Classroom Teacher works with students in a synchronous instructional setting according to student need and prescribed policies. Teachers are responsible for maintaining student records, monitoring needed remediation, and working with Academic Advisors to determine course placement. Blended Classroom Teachers will facilitate weekly live sessions as determined by student need, conduct live tutoring sessions, and communicate on a regular basis with Academic Advisors, students, and families.
- Valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Job related experience preferred.
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orient students to their course, communicate course requirements, and monitor student progress and pacing.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of assigned course or courses.
- Understand the diverse backgrounds and needs of PA Cyber students and families.
- Facilitate weekly live sessions devoted to augmenting course curriculum and content.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Create lesson plans and align live instructional material to all applicable state standards, assessment anchors, and eligible content.
- Hold open office hours to tutor students with individual questions.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress to determine appropriate course pacing and assign live interventions, as necessary.
- Communicate student progress on a regular basis to Academic Advisors, students, and families.
- Administer periodic benchmark and/or diagnostic assessments and communicate testing results.
- Provide detailed feedback in a timely manner for all course work.
- Administer state assessments as assigned by supervisor - teachers may be asked to travel for these assessments.
- Attend all required on site trainings, meetings, in-service days, and professional development days.
- Return emails, phone calls, and all types of correspondence in a 24-hour time frame
- Implement student IEPs, GIEP, and 504 Plans and attend IEP and GIEP meetings as needed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the various technologies and systems utilized within the school.
- Submit progress updates to students, parents and Academic Advisors as assigned
- Function as primary point of contact for all students on their roster
- Take ownership for course progress and attendance and show an active interest in student success by building a positive relationship with students and families.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary by administration
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.