Technology Helpdesk Representative - Work location: Midland, PA
Posted Oct 31, 2023
JOB TITLE: Technology Helpdesk Representative
REPORTS TO: Service Desk Manager
The Technology Helpdesk Representative is responsible for providing exceptional technical support to students and staff. Duties include responding to help desk tickets, diagnosing, and resolving various technical issues, ticket escalation, support of hardware, software, operating systems, general day to day helpdesk services, and other tasks as assigned by the manager. Excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and a solid technical foundation are a must.
- Mandatory high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Associates degree from an accredited institution or trade school preferred
- One to two years of computer related courses
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
- Previous customer service or IT helpdesk experience is preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support by Identifying and solving issues using a variety of methods including telephone, management (RMM) software, email, and in-person conversations.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues with Windows and some Mac operating systems, as well as software applications.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues including laptops, monitors, printers, scanners, mice, and other peripherals.
- Create tickets in the helpdesk ticketing system and thoroughly document steps taken to resolve issues.
- Utilize internal knowledge base and external resources to resolve issues.
- Collaborate extensively with peers and members of the escalation team to resolve issues and escalate incidents to higher tiers as documented in helpdesk standard operating procedures.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within acceptable service levels.
- Assume responsibility for non-technical issues such as product requests and order tracking.
- Monitor and manage helpdesk ticket queues and respond quickly to requests.
- Provide superior customer support, inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for customer issues within internal departments.
- Perform additional duties as deemed necessary by the Service Desk Manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties may be assigned, as necessary.