Technology Repair Representative - Work Location: Midland, PA
Posted Oct 12, 2023
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Technology Repair Supervisor
Expires: Dec 31, 2023
The primary purpose of this position is to assure that all student needs are met regarding hardware troubleshooting, repair, re-imaging, and warehousing of components.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of PC hardware and printer troubleshooting and repair.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of workplace productivity suites, such as Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of PC networking and dial-up communications
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and/or re-image computer equipment
- Update computer images
- Troubleshoot software related issues.
- Install hardware.
- Install software and operating system updates/patches.
- Clean internal and external computer components
- Log all computer repairs and maintenance in appropriate system.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary by the Technology Repair Supervisor and/or Director of Student Technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.