Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Charter to operate a public school known as Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School
Pursuant to the authority vested in the Pennsylvania Department of Education under the Public School Code of 1949, as amended, and specifically under 24 P.S. §17-1741-A, the Board of Trustees of the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School is hereby granted renewal of its Charter to operate a public cyber charter school located in Midland, Pennsylvania, for the period commencing on July 1, 2010 and ending on June 30, 2015. The renewal of this Charter was approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education on June 9, 2010.
It is specifically understood and agreed between the signatories hereto that:
- the Board of Trustees shall operate the cyber charter school in accordance with the provisions of 24 P.S. §§17-1741-A – 17-1751-A, any amendments thereto enacted during the term of this charter and any regulations or standards applicable to cyber charter schools;
- the granting of this Charter is specifically contingent upon operation of the cyber charter school in strict adherence to the terms of the Renewal Application submitted by the Board of Trustees on or about October 1, 2009. Said Renewal Application is attached hereto as Appendix A and is incorporated herein by reference as it fully set forth;
- the Charter and the Appendix attached hereto constitute a legally binding agreement for the term set forth above and the terms of said agreement cannot be changed absent a written amendment to this Charter;
- this Charter may be renewed for additional periods of five years duration and upon any such renewal, a new charter shall be executed by the parties; and
- this Charter can only be terminated in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
Wherefore, the undersigned, intending to be legally bound hereby set their hands this 30th day of June, 2010.
Board of Trustees
David Jaskiewicz, President
Tom Dorsey, Vice President
Brenda K. Starr-Smith, Secretary, Non-Voting
Scott Antoline, Treasurer, Non-Voting
Edward Elder, Member
Judy Garbinski, Member
Jane Lingenfelder, Member
Joe Rodella, Member
Phil Tridico, Member
Robert Masters, Esq., Solicitor, Non-Voting
Pennsylvania Department of Education
Thomas E. Gluck, Acting Secretary