Benefits Specialist - Work Location: Midland, PA
Posted Oct 12, 2023
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Expires: Oct 31, 2023
The Benefits Specialist will assist in the administration of the day-to-day operations of PA Cyber’s benefit programs including, but not limited to group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans, and 403(b) plans. The Benefits Specialist will also perform duties associated with compliance with federal, state, and local regulations including COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, Medicare, and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Human Resources and/or Employee Benefits Certification preferred
- Minimum of one year’s experience in employee benefits administration required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements including COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, Medicare, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Assist in the administration of employee benefit programs and policies including, but not limited to, health and dental, vision, life, short term disability, long term disability, FMLA, and 403(b),
- Communicate with employees to ensure benefit programs are understood and optimized.
- Respond to benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Assist in management of the benefit plan renewal process and open enrollment procedures.
- Ensure all benefit records are kept up-to-date and conduct regular audits and quality checks of benefits related data.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends.
- Participate in the PA Cyber Wellness Committee
- Engage in the creation, planning, and promotion of employee events related to benefits and wellness
- Assist in presentation of benefits related information to new hires during onboarding.
- Assist employees regarding benefit claim issues and plan changes.
- Complete benefits enrollments in the HRMS and ensures accuracy of information.
- Maintain substitute teacher database in conjunction with Human Resources Generalists, and Human Resources Assistants
- Assist in the coordination of substitute coverage for periods of employee leave.
- Review timesheets for approved substitute coverage and sign off prior to payroll processing.
- Assist in the review of benefits-related invoices.
- Attend and participate in meetings with benefits consultants as requested.
- Assist employees with benefits enrollment and status change processes.
- Maintain and enhance understanding of benefit contract language.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, across all levels of the organization.
- Display strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Human Resources and Chief Operations Officer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.