College in High School
Qualifying PA Cyber juniors and seniors can earn college credit online before they graduate from high school.
Get a Jump on College Classes
The College in High School (CIHS) program allows qualified PA Cyber Juniors and Seniors to begin building college skills while still attending high school. The program is a partnership with the Community College of Beaver County (CCBC) and Robert Morris University (RMU). Classes are held live in the PA Cyber Virtual Classroom, so students from across the state may participate. PA Cyber teachers who instruct CIHS courses have been approved through CCBC or RMU.
Past courses have included American Government, English Composition, Principles of Biology, Western Civilization, and Human Ecology & Heredity. PA Cyber will provide all books and materials.
Student applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a recommendation from their Academic Advisor
- Junior or Senior status, having completed English 10 or the equivalent
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must be up-to-date or ahead in coursework
The Application Process
Students interested CIHS must complete the steps below to register for courses. Failure to meet any of the requirements may result in the student not participating in the program.
- Step 1: Students must speak to their Academic Advisor to receive the CIHS recommendation.
- Step 2: Once the CIHS Coordinator receives the Academic Advisor's recommendation, students will receive the necessary documentation for enrollment.
- Step 3: Students must complete and submit the online Application for Enrollment through the CCBC or RMU website. Link will be provided.
- Step 4: Students will complete the College in High School registration form, choose their desired courses and semesters, and return the document to the CIHS Coordinator before registration can be completed.